Saturday, January 26, 2013

Too Tweet Sweet



These two cards were a revelation to me.  I have never cared too much for all cut out cards.  However, the Silhouette Cameo, and its software has changed my mind.  The Tweetys and the Sentiments are both print and cuts.  I own an Imagine, which NEVER worked right, and never cut with the picture aligned in the center no matter how often I calibrated it even after two years of trying.  Can you say boat anchor? Sure ya can!

Now to much pleasantness.  These two images were printed and cut with my Silhouette Cameo on GinaK Pure Luxury Layering Weight White Card Stock.  I find that to be a good quality paper for ALL of my needs in the studio.  It even takes watercolor nicely if you don't over wet it. I made the cards bases out of the GinaK Heavy Base Weight White card stock.

I got the images out of the Silhouette web store.  I also got the background and internal card elements there. I used Vintage Photo Distress inks on the edges of the images, sentiments, and card base.  I raised the Tweety images on thick foam squares, and raised the sentiments on thinner foam squares.  I forget where I got them, but will be looking for more of them soon.  If you don't have two different thicknesses, just stack two foam squares together for the image, and single layer for the sentiments.

The two images below the cards, are what is on the inside of each card.  They are centered on each side of the card with the centerfold in the middle of them.  However, the crease does not show up here.  I left plenty of room for the signature and a personal note.  If I could have found a good Tweety Poem or other such birdy stuff, I would have used that also, but alas, I didn't have one.

I enjoyed doing these cards, I hope you enjoy.

Namaste

Challenge(s):

Cut it Up Challenge 11

5 comments:

Karen said...

This is adorable! Those cuts are so cute and I love the background! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

These are so cute! Tweety rocks! Thanks so much for joining us at Cut It Up!

Stacey

Kimberly J. said...

These are awesome!! I love the background cut! Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

Kimberly
Cut It Up DT

ScrappyHappyMommy said...

How adorable. Who doesn't love Tweety. Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Tweety Bird! Your cards are great! The colors are so bright and cheerful. Thanks for linking them to Cut it Up Challenges!
Evelyn