Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gus N Stella and Free Paper Download

This is a digital stamp that I got from Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  I just love these two characters, as their attitude reminds me a lot of my husband and I.  We pick on each other good naturedly, but their is always a grain of truth in our statements.  On Christmas day we were driving to the son's house, and we had a bit of difference about something which I can't even remember.  He just could not grasp what I was saying, because he was too busy formulating his next remark and not really listening to what I had to say.  For my part, I was just NOT going to drop the subject until he LISTENED to me.  LOL.  He said, "Why is it that you start this shyt when we are in the car?"  She said, "Because I know I have a captive audience, and I hope you will listen for once and get the real meaning instead of what you just think I was saying."  The bold, italics, underlined words were said with MUCH sacasm.

So the next day, as I was looking at the Bugaboo Digi Stamps site, I spoted Stella and Gus Marriage.  They were looking a lot like my hubby and I this morning over our coffee.  The caption originally said, "Husbands should come with a set of instructions. and Wives should come this mute buttons"  We would joke, while pointing the TV channel changer at each other and pressing the brightness button, that the brightness button just didn't work because the person in the line of the channel chager was not getting any brighter.  Does anyone really remember these channel changers?  Now all that stuff is just taken care of by the TV.  At any rate, this is where the captions come from.  I really would like to make him much brighter, and he would really like to mute me sometimes when we are in the car and he is my captive audience.  LOL 

So I made him this card to apologize for the uncomfortable ride. ROFL  I whited out the original captions, and used Photoshop to creat the captions that are now on the front, bottom of this card rather than in the captions that were on the original graphic.  I used Photoshop to color the digi stamps.  I created my own patterned cardstock using the colors that I used to color Stella, Gus and the cups.  I printed this all on Gina K Layering Weight Cardstock*. 

I used a Martha Stewart Punch called Double Loop Punch Around the Page to creat the border. The banner flags were hand cut.  I made my card base from Gina K Heavy base weight card stock*.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to destress the white image of Gus and Stella.

I hope you enjoy the card.

*Just a note here about Gina K's cardstock; it is the nices stuff for printing on an ink jet and actually using Copic Markers to color the image.  I like the way it works.  The Heavy Base Weight makes a good sturdy card, that does not crack when folded and creased with a bone folder.

Here is the paper for the card.  Feel free to download the image for your own use.  Just right click and "Save Picture As".

Challenge List:

C.R.A.F.T Challenge
Crafty Creations Challenges

4 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

brilliant card and thanks for joining us at craft this week

carol said...

super card,thanks for joining in with us at CRAFT x carol

sharon said...

Great card, thanks for playing along at CRAFT. Sharon x

Jen Leeflang said...

You just gotta love old Gus and Stella! Thanks for entering our Stella says Sketch Challenge at Bugaboo's Catch the bug blog.
love
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT