Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stripes 'n Flowers Valentine--Free Printable Paper


This is a card that I made for a Shabby Tea Room challenge I thought I would try.  It had to have stripes and flowers.  I discovered that I didn't have any striped paper, so I decided to make it myself.  While I was at it I make two other patterns that would match the stripes perfectly.  I used Photoshop for this, and a brush set called Meldir Script Set which you can get  here.  I altered the color of the Grey Mist Script paper for the leaves by using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Bundled Sage to keep with the tones.  I used white card stock to print the patterns.  The leaves and flowers I bought from Silhouette.  The heart comes (from Bird Cards), and I designed the scalloped border myself on the silhouette and you can get it here.

There is a tutorial here that shows how to use the patterned papers to fill in the scalloped shape, and you can make a 4" wide x 3.5" high rectangle in the print, and the stripe for the scallop.  This is for a standard A2 card.

I distressed everything with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Lace, including those colored leaves.  I stamped the sentiments from Hot Off the Press Tiny Words & Images onto Sticky Backed Canvas. I punched the sentiments out with the Stampin' Up large oval punch and distressed them.  I used a GinaK Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight white card stock for the card base.

I will have the paper available below.  Just right click on it, and save it on your computer.  There are several tutorials on how to use the papers with the silhouette.  It is really neat in the Print and Cut Feature.  The one I liked best is here.





I hope you enjoy.
Namaste

No comments: