Thursday, December 15, 2011
Thursday, December 1, 2011
- 1/2 inch x 2 1/2 inch scrap of acetate from packageing
- Scor-tape 1/4 inch wide for this
- Scor Buddy or Pal
- Score the acetate at 1/2 inch increments. Exercise the folds back and forth once or twice to loosen them, but if you do it too much they might break entirely.
- Place tape on one of the flaps at the end of the strip.
- Make a square by folding the acetate on the score lines, overlapping the taped flap to the other end of the strip. Make sure that you flatten this out when you stick them together, as this will assure that the card will close with a minimum of bulk, and the pop-up with stand properly when you open the card.
- Put tape on two consecutive sides of the squares. This is where you will attach the device to the front and back of the inside of the card.
- Place a strip of tape on the front square of the cube on the top edge only. Be sure that you don't get tape on the top square of the cube, as this will not allow the po-up to stand when the card is open.
- Place the pop-up art on the glued front square. Close the card and see how it works.