Friday, November 25, 2011

It's Black & White

I made a winter wonderland.  This Thomas Kinkade stamp is an all time favorite, and I understand that another company has bought the stock of the Cornish Heritage Farms so hopefully I can get all the rest of them.  These stamp look stunning done just in black ink on white paper.  I really enjoyed planning and making this card.


I like to write a little about how I made this.  I used Ranger Archival Ink and LaBlanche Speciality Paper to stamp the Thomas Kinkade Stamp.  The Ink and Paper make this highly detailed stamp into a perfect image.  You can see ALL the detail without any bleeding of the ink.

I cut the sentiments with my Cricut Imagine using the Winter Frolic cartridge.  I used a Sakura Stardust Clear pen to make the black stand out like that.  Wow, it even shows up great in this picture.  I was rather surprised by that.

I made the flowers with the Tim Holtz (TH) Sizzix Die-Tattered Florals, and Tags & Tabs is also TH and the snowflakes are from a Sizzlet Die.  I embossed the black cardstock with the music embossing folder from Sizzix.


Challenges Entered

Crazy 4 Challenges C4C115

Rainbow Lady Challenge
Lexi's Creations: Challenge 55-Non-Traditional Christmas

 

18 comments:

StephC said...

Gorgeous image! I'm loving it in black and white. So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card

Thanks for joining us at Sparkles hope you will join us again soon. good luck xx

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

This is a such a gorgeous image, I love Thomas Kinkade! Those flowers are just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's for our Tie One On challenge!

♥ Rayna

Courtney said...

Lynne...This card is absolutely gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with our "Tie One On" Challenge this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

Unknown said...

Great monochromatic card, thanks for playing with us at Divas

Jo Nevill said...

Beautiful card !

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

Hugs

Jo

Tamie said...

Stunning image and such a beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

debby4000 said...

Oh I love your card, its gorgeous and so elegant.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Great idea making it B and W, Shatril Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady.

Anonymous said...

this is a stunning card

Rainbow Lady said...

Just perfect and a favourite carol of mine too. Thanks for playing
Love Cynthia x

peggy gatto said...

this works perfectly and a favorite of mine!

ElizabethR said...

Beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week. Elizabeth x

Jen said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous image and I love what you have created with it. Your card is fabulous!! Thanks for joining the challenge at Lexi's Creations this week!

Lin said...

Absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Lin xx

Nasir said...

The black and white colors makes a real winter wonderland and stamp is an all time favorite.
Transparent business cards
Print vip cards