Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lost in the Process



I just love all of Graphic 45's products, and use them as often as I can. I almost hate to cut some of the papers as they are so beautiful. I will go way out of my way to preserve the artwork when using them for scrapbooking. Right now all of my samples are displayed at "The Scrapper's Place" in Findlay, Ohio, but will post them here when the classes are complete.

This card is easy. All measurements are in inches. I used a punch out from the Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime collection, a 4 x 5 1/4 Flight piece centered on a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 black card folded to make a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card base. Matted a 2 1/2 x 4 3/4 Primrose on a black cardstock with 1/4 border. Stamped a sentiment on white, cut it out with a Spellbinders, Nestability round die, and stenciled it with Tattered Rose Distress Ink from Ranger. I matted the circle on a Spellbinders, Nestability Scalloped Circle in black. I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals Die to make a Cabbage Rose, and I will not give the instructions here as You Tube has a million tutorials on this die and rose. I used a glue dot to hold the rose in place. I line these cards with light parchment and stamp and decorate it as appropriate to the occasion. This card will not go through the mail easily, unless you use a box to hold it. I use these for gifts and occassions where I got in person to deliver the cards. It's more fun to watch them open the box and get it.

No comments: