Friday, August 26, 2011

August 26, 2011



This one is fast and easy, the most fiddely thing about it is the flowers. I used the smallest flower from the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die. Using scraps from the G45, I cut 3 for each cluster. I prepared the flowers by using the McGill Flower Stylus Set, the larges ball and using a circular motion in the very center of the flower I made a cup. There is a demonstration on www.paperwishes.com on making flowers with the McGill Punches and Stylus. I held the cupped flowers together with one hand in sort of a triangle and pressed all three into one large glue dot assuring that all the flowers were stuck in the dot. I cut leaves out of scraps of paper with green print, placed the in the corners with their ends touching, and pressed the flowers on the glue dot right on top of the leaves securing them all to the card. I used a white confetti 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 strip of cards stock to make a 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card. Edged the card with Tattered Rose Distress Ink. Used a 1 3/4 by 5 Primrose scrap and a 5 1/4 by 2 black matte. I used a post card, and art picture from the same piece of 8x8 Once Upon a Springtime collection. I used two stamps from the same collection and used the Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher Stapler to staple a 3 frame piece of the Tim Holtz Film Strip to the stamp. Use the card for placement of the elements.

No comments: