Monday, January 2, 2012

Purple Flutter By


My apologies to everyone who read this before I corrected all the grammar and spelling errors.  What was I thinking; well clearly I wasn't thinking.

I have studied lighting and depth of field , f stops and all sorts of things today.  I will be purchasing some photo lamps and my hubby is going to make me a home diffuser out of a box.  It looks and sounds simple enough.  The lamps I can set up easily enough, thank goodness.  These two photos turned out reasonably well, but I can't wait to see what it will look like with the new set up.  I also studied on improving the looks of the photos, even after they leave the camera.

This card was lots of thinking.  I know you could smell the rubber burning while the wheels in my minds eye turned.  It took me a bunch of tries to get this right, and I ended up making all the elements myself.  I made the paper for the flowers and greeting in Photoshop.  The background Color Me paper came from Hot off the Press, but I had to color it with Almost Amethyst from Stampin' UP.  The stamp is from Wee by Sylvia Zet and it is Rose and Felix.  The hat pins come from Maya Road.  The Roses are made from the second smallest flower on the Tim Holtz Tatter Florals die, the tri-floral is from the smallest flower.  I'm going to put a tutorial up here on how to make both of those flowers.  They are a mainstay with me.  I use them a lot as they are simple to make, and just lovely to look at.  The circle and scalloped circle came from Spellbinders.  Well that kind of gives you the recipe for this one.
This card is on my top 10 list of cards I have made and love.  Can't wait for an occasion to give it to someone. Hope you enjoy.

No comments: